Monday, 16 february 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Neuro-psychiatrist Omer Cemalovic prepared his findings and opinion as per a request by the Prosecution of Bosnia and Herzegovina, BiH, in November 2013 on the basis of medical documentation issued by the Mental Centre in Eastern Sarajevo.

According to Cemalovic’s findings, witness Kekic, who is 85 years old, had a stroke in 2009, so the right side of her body is paralysed. Besides that, she has high blood pressure. Also, one of her kidneys was removed surgically.

“It is logical that her mental functions have deteriorated due to her old age. Participation in a court process would have a negative effect on this witness. It could lead to deterioration of her health condition,” Cemalovic said.

He said that he could not determine whether witness Kekic would understand questions without examining her first, but he could confirm, on the basis of the documentation, that she was not capable of following the trial.

The Defence of Ramiz Avdovic said that it disagreed with the expert’s findings, while the Defence of indictee Iulian-Nicolae Vintila considered the finding “a failure”, primarily due to the fact that the court expert has not conducted an examination of the witness.
The Court decided that the court expert would examine witness Stana Kekic and prepare new findings on the basis of that examination.

Avdovic and Vintila are charged with crimes committed in “Viktor Bubanj” and the Central Prison in Sarajevo. They are charged with having participated in the establishment and maintenance of a system for abuse of Serb civilians.

According to the charges, Avdovic was Commander of guards on the fifth floor of the District Prison in Sarajevo and former “Viktor Bubanj” military barracks, while Vintila was a cook and guard in the former barracks.

Seven pieces of State Prosecution’s material evidence were presented at this hearing. So far the Prosecution has included 242 documents in the case file.

The trial is due to continue on March 28.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Sudinica u sudu u Kišinjevu u Moldaviji izriče presudu učesnicima kampova u Moldaviji. Foto: Detektor
Moldova Convicts Three of Attending Subversion Camps in Bosnia, Serbia
A court in Chinsinau convicted three Moldovan citizens of participating in Russian-led training camps in Bosnia and Serbia in 2024 in order to incite unrest and disrupt elections at home.
Bosnian History Teachers Visit Former Camps in Brcko and Learn How to Teach About War
To help school teachers learn more about how to teach students about the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, a group of teachers from several towns and cities visited detention camps in a former elementary school in Brcko.
BIRN BiH Joins in Presenting Database of Facts About War and Handbook for Teachers
BIRN BiH Presents Database and Film on Wartime Missing Children
BIRN BiH Director Wins ‘Goran Bubalo’ Peace Award